Most people dread a visit to their lawyer as much as a visit to the dentist. The bad news is that avoiding us now can mean spending more time with us down the track if things go wrong.
We have developed a seminar for Canberra businesses to discover and understand some of the key legal issues that could land you in hot water. Topics will include:
- Debtor control and collection—What to do (and not do) when clients won’t pay;
- What to do if you are sued—Legal principles and practical solutions;
- Strategies to incorporate in your business to minimise exposure to being sued;
- Employment contracts—non-competition clauses, protection of your intellectual property, dismissal of employees and related issues;
- Work place disputes including harassment and discrimination, misconduct, internet usage and dismissal;
- Commercial survivability including leases, purchase and sale of businesses, disputes, your rights and obligations.
We would be delighted to see you at this seminar, which will be held in our conference room at 43–49 Geils Court in Deakin on 21 July 2015. We will commence promptly at 12.30pm with a light lunch and refreshments. We should finish at 2.00pm. Presentations will be provided by the lawyers of Snedden Hall & Gallop, all of whom have a breadth of experience and depth of knowledge in the topics covered by the seminar.
Please confirm your attendance before by sending your RSVP today!