The Canberra region is a great place for cyclists. Snedden Hall & Gallop has a close association with Pedal Power ACT and other sporting groups and has assisted in lobbying to improve safety for cyclists. However, we also understand just how vulnerable a cyclist can be in terms of personal injury when things go wrong. We are ready to assist with advice about options for compensation when an injury is sustained.
Taking steps to assist if a cycling accident occurs
Snedden Hall & Gallop has developed an advice card for cyclists to carry with them at all times. The card sets out the information which should be recorded if an incident occurs and guides all cyclists in relation to taking the necessary steps to protect their position in terms of a potential claim for compensation. Such advice cards are available from Snedden Hall & Gallop at our Deakin and Gungahlin offices, or through organisations such as Pedal Power.
A cycling incident can not only lead to injury and damage to important property like the bicycle but also can cause significant disruption for the injured cyclist in terms of lifestyle and work. With the right advice, injured cyclists can claim compensation for their pain and suffering and loss and may have entitlements under the CTP compensation scheme, workers’ compensation and also other insurances such as those available through organisations like Pedal Power.
Some important questions about bike accidents which we can answer
- Do I have to report the accident to the police?
- Is there a time limit for me to give notice of a potential claim for compensation if I am injured?
- What information do I need in order to bring a claim against a CTP insurer?
- Are there occasions when I can claim workers’ compensation if I am injured while cycling to work?
- What type of compensation am I entitled to if the incident was caused by the negligent use of a motor vehicle or another cyclist?
- What types of losses are compensable as a result of a cycling incident?
- What will it cost me in terms of legal costs to bring a claim and how are those costs paid?
Our commitment to you
At Snedden Hall & Gallop, we understand about cycling and how important it is for many people in the Canberra region. When things go wrong, we are able to assist with information and advice and to ensure that proper compensation is payable for any injuries sustained or other losses.
We can assist with cycling accident compensation on a no-win, no-fee basis and can provide initial information obligation-free so that an injured person immediately knows what they can do and how to do it. Please contact us regarding your cycling accident as soon as you can on (02) 6285 8000 or by email. You can see details of our compensation representation here.